Nikwax Waterproofing Wax for Leather is a safe product to use on breathable waterproof footwear. It provides instant Durable Water Repellency (DWR), maintains breathability and replenishes tanning agents in leather. It is non-flammable, contains no harmful solvents and is free of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and fluorocarbons. Nikwax Waterproofing Wax for Leather has been specifically designed and optimised for smooth leather footwear. The WaterBased formulation is directed to leaks, can be used on wet or dry leather and will not over-soften.
- Shake well before use.
- Rub the wax thoroughly into wet or dry clean leather, using either the sponge applicator or your fingers, paying special attention to seams.
- Remove any excess with a cloth and buff to a shine.
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture, this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can crack leather and cause bonded soles to peel.
Note: May darken leather. Test on a hidden area first. Waterproofing Wax for Leather will convert nubuck to a smooth waxy finish.